Sunday, March 10, 2013

Español con Kindergarten: Los cinco sentidos (The Five Senses)

¡Bienvenidos familia, amigas, y amigos! During la clase de Español, it was Raji’s turn to choose our destination to a Spanish speaking country. After our traditional morning greeting in Spanish, he suggested we head to Mexico. We then spread nuestras alas and went to our destination en avión.

Upon our return, we gathered in a círculo and discussed the Spanish vocabulary for the five senses, los cinco sentidos. As an introduction, we first read Aliki’s, Mis cinco sentidos.

mirar – see
tocar – touch
oler – smell
oir – hear
saborear – savor/taste

We then learned that...

Con mis ojos, yo puedo mirar. – With my eyes, I can see.
Con mis manos, yo puedo tocar. – With my hands, I can touch.
Con mi nariz, yo puedo oler. – With my nose, I can smell.
Con mis orejas, yo puedo oir. – With my ears, I can hear.
Con mi lengua, yo puedo saborear. – With my tongue, I can taste.

Afterwards, using the statements above, we played the Swatter Game. What a prolific and fun way to help us reinforce learning!












We finished our class with our traditional ¡Adios. Hasta luego! song and Raji squeezing la vaca. ¡Gracias, Raji!

¡Hasta nuestro proximo viaje!

Paz,
Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment